Saturday 7 November 2015

Learning to Set up my First Blog

Study time at Mindlab -

Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Practice (Digital and Collaborative Learning)

One of the requirements of this course is to blog. So here I am reading through other teachers blogs and learning of ways to set my own one up. 

Thanks Alex Le Long  for your inspirational reflections. 

I have also enjoyed following Justine Hughes -  https://www.facebook.com/elearningbuzz14/?fref=ts

She has also encouraged and inspired me to follow http://hunuaschooldiscovery3.blogspot.co.nz/
Some of these students I have had the pleasure to teach and what better way for me learn is through children.

I started the Postgrad course in July this year. At the same time, I started my new teaching position at Bailey Road School. After 5 weeks of the course I had to re-evaluate my workload.  At this new school I was given the opportunity to run a Year 7 & 8 Fashion show. With this I faced further challenges with time and 'brainspace', getting to know the staff and students.  I knew something had to give.  After reflection, I requested the admin staff at Mindlab if it was possible for me to defer my studies and explained my reasons.

I am grateful that I have been given the opportunity yet again on a full scholarship this November intake. One of the things I have changed this time is that I have decided to attend classes on a Saturday morning. In July I was attending classes after school. This made for a very long long day. Even longer as it takes me an hour to drive home from Newmarket.

So first week done (7th November). I was  rested. Brain was awake and I really enjoyed my session.
I am looking forward to meeting new people and learning new and innovative ideas/ practical applications and what ever else the course throws at me. So excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment